Friday, September 26, 2008

Coldstone ice cream

Even though yesterday was a bit chilly, windy, and rainy we couldn't pass up an offer for free Coldstone ice cream. We both love Coldstone not only for the ice cream but because it reminds us of the first date that started it all:)! For those who don't know the story....About 9 months ago, when returning to BYU from Christmas break, Andrew stopped by his sister's house and decided to stay for dinner. My sister and brother-in-law were there too, and there was mention of me somewhere in the conversation. I think it was the next day that Andrew wrote me a message on facebook and mentioned that we should do something sometime. I wrote him back and said I was free anytime. He then wrote me back asking for my phone number. I, however, got busy with stuff and never made it a priority to write him back thinking to myself that if he really wanted to do something he could get my number off facebook. Side note.....If I would have known then what I know now, I probably would have called him:)! Back to the story....he did find my phone number on facebook, sent me a text to break the ice, and then called to ask me out. We ended up going out on our first date on January 17, 2008. We went to Coldstone on a day much colder than yesterday and then went to his apartment to play darts. I love times like yesterday when we can REMEMBER, and our love for each other can continue to grow. I am so blessed to be married to someone who is so caring, understanding, patient, respectful, smart, and fun! I sure do love Andrew:)!!

7 comments:

Clark and Liesel said...

How fun! That was fun to read more about you two! You guys are too cute! I love Cold Stone Creamery too! In my opinion, you can never have too much ice cream! Speaking of ice cream, have you guys been to The Cow yet? We should take you guys sometime!

Shalisa Hazleton said...

Interesting story! I am glad you shared it. Enjoy these times together (newlywed times) they unfortunately don't last forever! They really should though.

Harvey Family said...

Thanks for sharing your story! You two are such a perfect couple!

AmyJo said...

Yay! Your blog is alive :)

Unknown said...

Wow, I didn't realize how newly-wed you guys are! I'm so glad to have found your blog since I don't get to chat much on Sundays between my 3 kids and Primary!

LM said...

Yay for the updates! We miss you guys, but good to hear things are going well :)
I had an event & couldn't make it to free Coldstone night, so sad...gonna have to make up for that...

Connie Sugiyama said...

Oh my gosh!! We went to cold stone on our first date too :)