Monday, April 20, 2009

WHAT WE'VE BEEN DOING LATELY....

April

The first weekend of April was spent watching General Conference. I love conference and always get so excited for this weekend!! This year I found some fun ideas on www.sugardoodle.net to help kids pay attention to general conference. While I was sharing the ideas with our siblings for their kids, I decided that Andrew and I might as well incorporate a few of the ideas into our conference weekend. We set up our "conference reverence tent" in the front room and played conference bingo with jelly beans and m&ms. It was a lot of fun, but more importantly, we learned a lot from church leaders and felt the spirit. What a great weekend!!



The next weekend was Easter. On Saturday we woke up and had eggs benedict for breakfast- a tradition Andrew's family had while he was growing up. Then that afternoon while Andrew was studying, the easter bunny found our house and left a trail for Andrew to follow to his easter basket (something the easter bunny did at my house one year when i was younger). We finished the day with a trip to the temple and the easter video on the church website. On Easter Sunday we did a spiritual easter egg hunt to help remind us of the real reason we celebrate Easter-the Savior's Resurrection. We are so very grateful for this gift and the knowledge that our Savior loves us! For dinner, we had a yummy dinner of ham, cheesy potatoes, Rhodes rolls, peas, and strawberry shortcake. Our celebration didn't stop on Sunday because on Monday we received an Easter package from my mom. We hid the eggs she sent and ate some candy!


7 comments:

Liberti said...

Tara what fun ideas! You are so creative - just like your Mom (aren't we lucky to have creative Mom's?!)

Clark and Liesel said...

Love the reverence tent idea- so fun! I may have to use that one someday. Glad you found the Rgoads rolls too!! :)

Parkinson Family said...

So cute! I love the reverence tent! Rhoades rolls are the best!

AmyJo said...

Sounds like you guys are having fun up there :) Come see us...the weather is beautiful here in the summer :)

Danielle Hacking said...

Thanks for the updates, so good to hear that you guys are doing well. And your conference ideas are so fun! Take Care!

The Allgaiers said...

Tara! I'm so glad I found you! I've been wondering what you have been up to! If you would like to see our blog email me (jenben8426@yahoo.com) and I'll add you on to our list (we just went private).

Jenny (Petersen) Allgaier

The Dansies said...

It's been a while since I've checked your blog, glad to see you haven't fallen off the planet. You are so cute with all your little ideas, I need to be more creative like that! Oh, and I met your mom last week, I guess our moms work together now!